1 Jan 2016

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone! First of all, I know I haven't blogged in a while, but I've been a bit busy (busy being lazy) and honestly I just forgot about my blog for a bit. Oops... But what better way to start fresh than a fresh new year? 

It's been a great year, and I can't wait to see what 2016 will have in store for me! 2015 brought on new adventures, new friends and, of course, the creation of this blog. That's right, Little Teen's Blog has just had it's 1 year blogaversary! In 12 months I've gained 20 followers which is more than I ever expected, so thank you to all of you who've clicked the follow button or commented on any of my posts - it honestly makes my day. 

Anyway, as we all know, I had the great privilege of travelling around Europe earlier this year, which was one of the most incredible experiences of my life. Whilst I also learnt a few German words, my main takeaway from my trip was the new friendships and bonds that I made. My greatest memories of the whole trip wasn't really the walking tours and performing in amazing venues, even though they were all great fun too. No, my greatest memories are playing Uno on our hotel room floor, getting lost in Munich with some of my friends, making daisy chains and flower crowns, and eating way too much ice cream! It was the little things that stood out the most for me, and it makes me a bit sad that I didn't even notice how precious these things were at the time, and that I will never have experiences quite like that again (the first time is always the best!). 

Another amazing moment this year (which I never got around to blogging about) was much more recent. A few weeks ago, I was given a spare ticket to go and see Ed Sheeran performing live! It was hands down one of the best nights of my life. The atmosphere was incredible, we had amazing seats, and it was my first concert ever, which made it all the more exciting. I lost my voice by the end of the second song and I had 'Sing' stuck in my head for the next week, but I could not get over the fact that I was seeing the real Ed Sheeran - not watching a video or listening to a CD! And of course for his last song of the night he played 'A Team' and everyone turned on their phone torches. It was the most beautiful sight, and it gave me goose-bumps. So thank you to Ed for an amazing night!

Now let's look at my New Years resolutions from last year:

- I will always remember to send a card to my sponsor child on time, not after it is supposed to arrive on the other side of the world.
Haha... oops.

- I will blog as often as I can for as long as I can.
I personally think I achieved that, because even though I would have liked to blog more often sometimes, my life has been getting a lot busier lately (I'm going into year 11 next year, which means I wont have a life for the next 2 years, I'll just be studying!)

- I will keep my room clean(ish).
I kinda did... but I kinda didn't

- I will read more books instead of always playing the sims.
I gave away most of my books this year and Sims is addictive, so... (also, I forgot this resolution even existed!)


So overall I don't think I did too well. But maybe this year will be different (famous last words). Here are my New Years resolutions for 2016:

- I will get straight A's in my mid-year and/or end of year report

- I will get a job

- I will blog once a week unless I have a genuine excuse (like exams etc.)

- I will pass my driving test and get my P plates

So there we go! That's my plan for this coming year (hopefully I'll do better this year than I did last year!) Also, let me know if I should do a post on what I got for Christmas or if there are any other posts you want me to do.

Thank you for reading, and I will see you next time!

Lots of love, Little Robin

x

No comments:

Post a Comment